#1 Rated Skunk Removal Company Serving Sacramento California
Sacramento Skunk Removal Company Specialized Pest Patrol
Sacramento Residents trust our certified skunk removal experts here at Specialized Pest Patrol. Learn why!
Above is one of our many great reviews due to our dedication to performing effective skunk removal while providing a great customer experience.
Sacramento Skunk Removal Services
Specialized Pest Patrol has over 2 decades of performing effective skunk removal in Sacramento and surrounding areas. We quickly get rid of skunks on your residential or business property. We use a variety of methods for removing skunks. Two of these methods include humane trapping and exclusion techniques.
Humane trapping involves the use of live-capture traps. Bait is placed inside of the traps to encourage the skunk inside. Once inside the trap, a mechanism is triggered that shuts the door, enclosing the skunk inside. We are then able to safely remove the skunk from your property.
Specialized Pest Patrol Performs Effective Humane Skunk Removal Near You
Specialized Pest Patrol performs humane effective skunk removal & wildlife nuisance removal services near you effectively and cost-effectively like in video below.
Exclusion techniques involve the use of various tactics to make your Sacramento property less appealing to skunks, thus discouraging them from turning your property into their new home. Once your skunk issue is dealt with, we can provide you with some suggestions on how to keep them from coming back. We may recommend adding a fence or other type of screen underneath your porch or other potential entrances below your home, deck, or shed. A small mesh is highly recommended and it should be well secured. Skunks are determined creatures. The more secure the fencing, the greater your chances of keeping them from getting underneath where they don’t belong.
Pest Control Sacramento Company Specialized Pest Patrol Performs Effective Exclusion Near You to Prevent Nuisance Wildlife Like Skunks
Pest Control Sacramento Company Specialized Pest Patrol performs effective rodent exclusion near you to effectively and cost-effectively prevent nuisance wildlife from entering your home like in video below.
In addition to blocking off entrances to potential den areas, we may also suggest making modifications to your Sacramento property. These modifications are meant to further decrease the appeal of your home and yard. Tightly secure any trash bins that you leave outside, or move them into your garage if possible. If you leave food outside for your pets, make sure that you bring the bowls inside before nightfall. Bushes should be cut back to discourage skunks from making homes underneath. You should also make sure that you do not have any other pest issues such as insects or small rodents. These pests also provide food for skunks, so dealing with them can keep skunks from thinking that your property is a great place to come for a meal.
Skunks might look cute, but they’re not something you want taking up residence on your Sacramento property. For more information, and to schedule an appointment, contact Specialized Pest Patrol today!
Signs of a Skunk Problem on Your Sacramento Property
Skunks are nocturnal creatures and aren’t often seen out in the daytime. They’re found in every neighborhood around Sacramento and are quite comfortable making themselves at home on your residential or business property. Because they’re nocturnal, you might not know they’re there, at least not right away. There are a few signs, however, that can point to their presence. Common signs include:
- A strange, foul odor. Skunks are best known for the foul odor they emit. Even if they haven’t sprayed, any area a skunk spends a significant amount of time in can become tinged with the scent. Smelling a faint skunk odor can indicate that there’s a skunk living on your property.
- Holes dug in your yard or garden. Skunks dig holes to find food. They like to eat bugs, snails, and other pests that live in the ground. While they do eat pests that can destroy your garden, they’re still not something you want. If you walk outside at night, or let your dog go out, the skunk could get scared and spray.
- Messes around your trash can. Skunks, like raccoons, will also rummage through the trash to find food and can make a mess as they do.
- Your dog, or neighborhood dogs, bark a lot at night. If a skunk walks by, dogs may start barking to alert you that there’s something present.
Why Do-It-Yourself Skunk Removal Does Not Work
It’s tempting to want to take care of the skunk problem yourself. You might think that you’re saving money by using a do-it-yourself method, and there are several methods available. Unfortunately, do-it-yourself skunk removal doesn’t work. While many do-it-yourself repellents contain strong smells that could deter skunks, the scents don’t last forever. Skunks can also find ways around where the repellents are placed or sprayed. Sacramento neighborhoods provide numerous excellent food sources for skunks as well as plenty of great hideouts to make home. These temptations are too great for any do-it-yourself repellent to keep skunks away from your property. You may end up spending a significant amount of money on skunk repellents only to find out that they don’t work, which can cause even more frustration.
Not only are many do-it-yourself skunk repellents ineffective, they may also contain toxic chemicals. These chemicals can be harmful to you, your children, and your pets. Anyone who spends time in the areas where skunk repellents are placed can be at risk.
Why You Need Skunk Removal for Your Sacramento Property
While you might be tempted to handle a skunk problem yourself, your best solution is to hire a professional service. Trying to deal with skunks can actually be dangerous. You are most likely aware of the dangers of getting sprayed if you scare a skunk. Getting sprayed isn’t the only problem that you can face. There are several other more serious issues that you could be faced with.
Skunks can transmit diseases to humans as well as to other animals. These diseases can be passed in a few different ways, including bites, scratches, or coming into contact with a skunk’s urine or droppings. Diseases that skunks can transmit include
- Rabies. Rabies can be transmitted through a bite. If you get bitten, it’s important to get medical treatment right away, whether or not the skunk actually has the disease.
- Canine distemper. Pets can contract canine distemper by coming into contact with skunk urine or feces. It’s essential that all of your pets are up to date on their shots.
- Leptospirosis. Leptospirosis is a disease that can be contracted by coming into contact with skunk droppings.
- Tularemia. Tularemia can be transmitted through a bite, scratch, or coming into contact with skunk urine or droppings.
When it comes to dealing with skunks, it’s a job that’s best left to the professionals. If you are not careful about how you try to remove skunks from your Sacramento property, you could be putting your health at risk. When you notice that there are skunks present, you’ll want them dealt with as soon as possible. Even if you don’t try to remove them, your children may come into contact with them, or your pets may try to run them off. For the safety of everyone on your Sacramento property, it’s important that skunks be dealt with quickly and professionally.
Skunk Spray & Skunk Smell Facts
A skunk’s scent is infamous. Most people can’t think of a skunk without thinking of the smell it creates. This scent is a skunk’s defense mechanism and it’s incredibly potent.
Pest Control Company Specialized Pest Patrol Effectively Performs Skunk Removal in Sacramento, View Skunk Spray Information
Specialized Pest Patrol is a highly effective skunk removal company serving Sacramento! Our skunk removal methods effectively and humanely remove skunks and other wildlife from your business or home. View Skunk information which talks about Skunk spray which is shown in the video below.
While skunk spray is highly effective at keeping predators (and creatures that skunk’s perceive as predators) away, it’s not used very often. A skunk’s body is constantly making the liquid. One spray can use up the entire store and it can take over a week to refill it. Before a skunk uses its spray, it will deploy other tactics to ward off potential threats such as making noise. Then it may lift its tail. The spray is a last resort.
So, what exactly is skunk spray and what makes it so noxious? The spray is an oily liquid that’s produced in the skunk’s body and stored in its anal glands. It is made up of volatile organic compounds, including thiols. These compounds give the spray its recognizable sulfuric smell. The spray doesn’t cause a significant amount of harm, but it can cause some rather unpleasant side effects. In addition to a scent that can linger long after the initial spray, the liquid can trigger nausea, sting the eyes, and even cause temporary blindness. For all of these reasons, it’s best to avoid spooking a skunk or trying to remove it on your own. Even if you don’t mean it any harm, a skunk may still perceive you as a threat and take the necessary action to keep you away.
Skunk Behavior Facts
Skunks are nocturnal creatures (meaning that they are most active at nighttime) also known as polecats. There are a few different species of skunks, including striped (which is what most individuals are familiar with) and spotted. They’re typically about the size of a housecat.
Skunks are omnivores, meaning that they eat both plants as well as meat. They’re particularly fond of bugs, which is why Sacramento homeowners with a skunk problem might notice that their yards or gardens are dug up. Skunks like to root around and dig to find their favorite foods. In addition to bugs, skunks will also eat small rodents, birds, dead animals, berries, and some greens. One of their favorite vegetables is corn, and they are not afraid to raid a cornfield for low hanging husks. As long as they are near a water source, skunks will make their home just about anywhere so long as they have a place to hide.
Skunks are fairly brave creatures. They’re not afraid to come onto your Sacramento property to root around for food or make a den under your porch. They’re fairly passive creatures, but they will attack if they feel threatened. As mentioned above, their spray is a last resort after attempting to frighten off potential predators with other methods.
Skunk Odor Removal Tips for Humans, Dogs & Cats
The smell of a skunk is bad enough. When it’s on you or your pets though, it’s even worse. Especially since you can’t just hop in the bath or shower and scrub it off. Fortunately, there is a DIY way to get rid of the skunk smell on you or your pets, and all you’ll need are a few ingredients that you most likely already have in your cabinet. You’ll need just three ingredients: hydrogen peroxide, baking soda, and plain dish soap. If you’re de-skunking your cat or dog, you may also want to consider wearing gloves and an apron to avoid getting the smell on you.
If you’re de-skunking pet, first check the animal for injuries. Any bite marks or scratches mean that you’ll need to get to your vet’s office right away. If you were bitten or scratched by a skunk, you should also seek medical attention right away as well. Since skunks can carry rabies, medical treatment for you or your pet can help to prevent any serious issues from developing.
When you’re ready to begin, you’ll want to use paper towels to absorb as much of the skunk’s spray as possible. Then you can mix the solution and apply it right away, giving it a few minutes to work before rinsing it off. Repeat as often as necessary to get rid of the smell.
Get Skunk Removal, Call Specialized Pest Patrol 916-987-9559
Call Specialized Pest Patrol immediately at 916-987-9559 (missed calls are returned promptly) to get your skunk & nuisance wildlife problems solved quickly & affordably or use our contact form. Next day service is available.
We pride ourselves in knowing that we offer the best skunk removal services in Sacramento.
For the safety of your home, family, and pets, it’s important to take care of skunks on your property immediately with our local skunk removal services. In addition to regular pest control, Specialized Pest Patrol is experienced and well-versed in trapping wildlife like skunks, voles and more within the Sacramento area.
All of our technicians at Pest Control Sacramento Company Specialized Pest Patrol are fully qualified and trained and have over 7 years of experience in the field.
Licensed & Insured Pest Control Company Serving Sacramento
Our Structural Pest Control Board License is #12145 and our Qualified Pesticide Applicator License is #126071. We're who you can trust for your pest control, wildlife removal & skunk removal needs in Sacramento as we're effective, affordable, licensed, bonded, have liability insurance and workers compensation insurance provided to our pest control technicians. We use environmentally safe chemicals that won't hurt the earth or your family.
Specialized Pest Patrol Has Many Skunk Removal 5-Star Reviews
View a few of our many 5-Star reviews on Yelp. We pride ourselves on providing a superior customer service to our customers as well as performing safe, quickly effective & reasonably priced skunk removal & pest control.
About Pest Control Sacramento Specialized Pest Patrol
For over 20 years, Specialized Pest Patrol has ensured that homes like yours remain pest-free and completely safe from wildlife (like skunks), pests or creatures that are unwelcome in your home or business. Since 1994, we’ve had a chance to really hone our pest control skills as well as get to know what it means to gain the loyalty of our customers. In those 20 years, we have never skimped on quality of materials, labor, or customer service.
In fact, one way we guarantee that your family is safe at all times is by hiring skunk removal specialist and pest control technicians who have over seven years of experience. In addition to hiring the best technicians, we also use only safe skunk traps to make sure that you and your family are safe at all times. Our skunk traps are even safe for children and pets!
With Specialized Pest Patrol at your service, you can be sure that you will get thorough care and excellent service. As a highly-rated Pest Control Sacramento Company, Specialized Pest Patrol has only the best and most experienced skunk and wildlife removal specialist staff to assist you with our wildlife removal Sacramento services to handle wildlife that invades your property. In fact, all of our technicians have over 7 years of experience in nuisance wildlife management and the pest control business. We’re experts at effectively removing skunk problems and provide the best in professional skunk removal. We truly care about the care of your family and pets, which is why we only use the safest and most effective skunk traps and pest control methods.
Popular Search Queries for Specialized Pest Patrol’s Sacramento Skunk Removal Services
For those online searching "skunk removal near me" in the Sacramento California area, Specialized Pest Patrol makes it easy to find what you’re looking for. Below are popular search terms used to find our Skunk Removal services online that serves Sacramento:
- skunk removal near me in Sacramento, CA
- skunk pest control near me in Sacramento, CA
- trapped skunk removal near me in Sacramento, CA
- how to take a skunk out of a live trap near me in Sacramento, CA
- skunk infestation near me in Sacramento, CA
- how to eradicate skunks near me in Sacramento, CA
- skunk exterminator near me near me in Sacramento, CA
- skunk exterminator near me in Sacramento, CA
- pest control skunk removal near me in Sacramento, CA
- skunk trapping and removal near me in Sacramento, CA
- skunk removal services near me in Sacramento, CA
- skunk removal company near me in Sacramento, CA
- get rid of skunks naturally near me in Sacramento, CA
- animal control skunk removal near me in Sacramento, CA
- skunk trapper near me in Sacramento, CA
- skunk control near me in Sacramento, CA
- humane skunk removal near me in Sacramento, CA
- will animal control remove skunks near me in Sacramento, CA
- professional skunk removal near me in Sacramento, CA
- how to trap a skunk without getting sprayed near me in Sacramento, CA
- skunk in garage remove near me in Sacramento, CA
- remove skunk problem near me in Sacramento, CA
- skunk sprayed under house help near me in Sacramento, CA
- how to remove a skunk from your house near me in Sacramento, CA
- how to get rid of skunks around the house near me in Sacramento, CA
- animal control skunk near me in Sacramento, CA
- best way to keep skunks out of your yard near me in Sacramento, CA
- skunk removal in backyard near me in Sacramento, CA
- skunk control near me in Sacramento, CA
- skunk trapping service near me in Sacramento, CA
- skunk catcher near me in Sacramento, CA
- skunk elimination near me in Sacramento, CA
- sacramento animal control skunk removal
- skunk removal sacramento
- humane skunk removal sacramento
- skunk removal sacramento ca
- skunk removal sacramento county
- skunk behavior
- about skunks
- get rid of skunks
- skunk prevention
- skunk behavior habits
- get rid of skunks under deck
- skunk in my yard
- skunk under deck
- getting rid of skunks in your yard
Common Questions Specialized Pest Patrol of Sacramento answers about Skunk Removal
Below are common questions about skunks & skunk removal we get asked that we have answers to, contact us and we can provide detailed answers on the questions below:
- how do i get rid of skunks around my house?
- how to get rid of skunks under my deck?
- where do skunks go during the day?
- why do skunks smell?
- how skunks spray?
- what to do about skunks?
- why do skunks stink?
- how to get rid of skunks humanely?
- what makes a skunk stink?
- how to get rid of skunks under house?
- where do skunks live?
- how to get rid of skunks and possums?
- what do skunks eat in the wild?
- how to control skunks?
- who to call to get rid of skunks?
- best way to get rid of skunks?
- how to remove skunks from your yard?
- how do you get rid of skunks in your backyard?
- how do you catch a skunk without getting sprayed?
- can skunks climb?
- how to get a skunk out of your house?
- how to get rid of skunks and raccoons?
- how do you catch a skunk?
Get Effective and Affordable Commercial Skunk Removal Services by Pest Control Sacramento Company Specialized Pest Patrol, Call Us 916-224-7430 (Pest Control Sacramento service number) or 916-987-9559 (Pest Control Folsom service number)
We serve a variety of industries and businesses in Sacramento performing cost-effective commercial skunk removal and trapping services such as:
- Skunk Removal for Hospitals in Sacramento
- Skunk Removal for Restaurants in Sacramento
- Skunk Removal for Bars in Sacramento
- Skunk Removal for Movie Theaters in Sacramento
- Skunk Removal for Hotels in Sacramento
- Skunk Removal for Day Cares in Sacramento
- Skunk Removal for Motels in Sacramento
- Skunk Removal for Schools in Sacramento
- Skunk Removal for Churches in Sacramento
- Skunk Removal for Offices and Businesses in Sacramento
- Skunk Removal for Clinics and Medical Facilities in Sacramento
- Skunk Removal for Apartments in Sacramento
Get Effective and Affordable Residential Skunk Removal Sacramento Services by Pest Control Company Specialized Pest Patrol, Call Us 916-224-7430 (Pest Control Sacramento service number) or 916-987-9559 (Pest Control Folsom service number)
We serve all areas of Sacramento performing cost-effective residential Skunk Removal services such as:
- Skunk Removal for the residences in Citrus Heights, CA is performed effectively by Pest Control Sacramento Company Specialized Pest Patrol
- Skunk Removal for the residences in Elk Grove, CA is performed effectively by Pest Control Sacramento Company Specialized Pest Patrol
- Skunk Removal for the residences in Folsom, CA is performed effectively by Pest Control Sacramento Company Specialized Pest Patrol
- Skunk Removal for the residences in Galt, CA is performed effectively by Pest Control Sacramento Company Specialized Pest Patrol
- Skunk Removal for the residences in Isleton, CA is performed effectively by Pest Control Sacramento Company Specialized Pest Patrol
- Skunk Removal for the residences in Rancho Cordova, CA is performed effectively by Pest Control Sacramento Company Specialized Pest Patrol
- Skunk Removal for the residences in Sacramento, CA is performed effectively by Pest Control Sacramento Company Specialized Pest Patrol